Travel Beauty Essentials
July had been the most eventful month of my 2017. I flew to Edinburgh, Scotland to witness my sister get married. It was a lovely intimate affair. And since I was already in Europe, Mark and I conveniently decided to celebrate our 5-year anniversary as a couple in Paris, France. Cliché, I know. But really, magical was the right word.
Which now brings me to – what to pack for my trip that will cover me from easygoing no-makeup makeup days to a chic glam wedding look, and everything in between? Here’s what I came up with. Heads up – 75% of the products I brought with me are skin-focused. J On most days during that vacation, I was wearing my minimal makeup look. And when I’m rocking that look, I make sure my skin is protected, fresh and luminous.
Anything after beautiful skin, is cherry on top.
- Bobbi Brown EXTRA Eye Repair Cream: Perpetually afraid of lines under the eyes and crow’s feet, I wear this every day.
- Carmex Classic Lip Balm SPF 15: Kept my lips nourished in the coldest summer (16-20 C) I’ve ever experienced.
- Shu Uemura Stage Performer Block Booster SPF 50 (Colorless): Used all over the face, functions as moisturizer as well.
- NARS Smooth & Perfect Primer SPF 50: Added pore-blurring effect.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer: Used only on the t-zone to blur the pores.
- Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer: Used only on the t-zone to control oil.
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (6.5): Holy-grail for special events, period.
- Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation (4): Lighter shade used only on the t-zone.
- Giorgio Armani Master Corrector (Orange): Can’t live without; need to cancel purplish under-eye tones.
- Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch Concealer (2,3,3.5): Different shades of concealer allows me to skip foundation every day. Only wore foundation during the wedding.
- RCMA No-Color Powder: Under-eye setting powder
- Laura Mercier Candleglow Sheer Perfecting Powder (2): All-over setting powder
- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray: Makeup insurance
Dimension and Color
- NARS Contouring Duo (Paloma): Used only during the wedding. A proper highlight and contour makes for a very photogenic look.
- Tom Ford Bronzing Powder (Terra): Neutral bronzer, best used during no-makeup looks.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer (Luminous Bronze Light): A redder (warmer) bronzer to intensify a tan.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush (Luminous Flush): The only blush I own because I simply am not a blush kind of lady.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Power (Luminous Light): Soft and sophisticated highlight
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed (Opal): More intense highlight
Brows and Lashes
- K Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow (02): Ticks off 3 important things – ease of use, makes believable natural hairs, bullet proof.
- Glossier Boy Brow (clear): Sets the brow, can be used alone.
- Lancôme Grandiôse mascara (black): The only mascara that didn’t need an extra eye makeup remover get rid off. I simply don’t like waterproof mascaras because they’re more harsh to lashes.
I mix these 4 shades for a custom-shade every day.
- Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte in Nude Nuance: Muted dark brown
- NARS Audacious in Olivia: Medium-dark red with warm undertone
- NARS Audacious in Raquel: Light warm peach
- Jeffree Star Lip Ammunition in Birthday Suit: Cool-toned nude pink
I took selfies each day during our trip to document how my travel beauty kit carried me thru all looks; whether it was a day of walking around or romantic dinners, I was covered. TBH, if I didn’t have a wedding to attend to, I would have totally packed less than these products.
Guaranteed selfie-ready on your wanderlust. ☺