Beauty and Skincare Emergency Kit
I’ve talked about my mobile kikay kit quite extensively in this video and that focused more on the makeup I bring to touch-up and ensure freshness and chicness all day. But let’s face it, not every day can be mundane. Have you caught yourself in any of these SOS situations?
- Your mascara/eye liner migrated under your eye and now you’ve become a panda
- You suddenly gave birth to a pimple in the middle of the day
- You were such in a hurry, you forgot the one thing you should never skip: sunscreen
- You only have time to do 5 minute makeup in the car and you don’t have your makeup collection
- You have been running around and your makeup needs a pick-me-up
- Your face is so dehydrated and stressed that it needs TLC
- You’re still at work at ungodly hours, may need to pull an all-nighter at the office! Eep!
I’ve personally checked off every single one of the emergencies above. I used to be frazzled until I armed myself with my Beauty/Skincare emergency kit. Sharing to you what I keep in this life-saving kit, hoping it will be of help:
- Eye Makeup Remover + Q-tips (not pictured)
- Lip balm
- Concealer (an illuminating one for under-eye and a full coverage one for imperfections)
- Cream Highlight/Contour (the most natural way to give dimension to your face)
- Powder (preferably one that comes with a puff or brush so you don’t need to bring tools)
- Brow Mascara (easiest way to groom your brows)
- Eye cream
- Face Mask
You’ll notice all items are in their travel version or de-potted to smaller containers. This emergency kit also goes with me for long-haul flights. Air travel is one of the most stressful things your skin would have to endure – recycled cabin air dehydrates your skin so much. If you notice, your skin looks and feels unhealthy after the flight. To combat that, I remove all traces of makeup and apply skincare. When the lights go out, I am shameless to apply a hydrating face mask – scary for people to see, but my skin is thanking me. Before the plane lands, I do a quick effortless 5-minute face. I reach my destination looking invigorated and fresh!
Beauty emergency? You got this!